CodeIgniter is a community-developed open source project, with several venues for the community members to gather and exchange ideas.
Security issues should be reported with an email to our security team, rather than being brought up on the forum or raised as a Github issue, thanks!
Our forum has been setup using MyBB, with five main categories:
- General (news & discussion, lounge, events, and regional user groups)
- Using CodeIgniter (choosing CodeIgniter, installation & setup, model-view-controller, libraries & helpers, best practices, and general help)
- CodeIgniter 4 (Roadmap, Development, feature requests, support, discussion)
- Development (CodeIgniter 3.x, CodeIgniter 2.x, and issues)
- External Resources (addins, jobs, learn more, and spotlight)
The forum is where you can ask for help or discuss issues you are having with framework.
CodeIgniter has a Slack channel, where you can engage with other members of the community. Anyone can signup for it :)
The development action takes place on Github. See the contribute page for more details.
The Github repository is where you can file bug reports (github issues), or where you can submit pull requests for enhancements to or fixes for framework. Github is *not* for support or help ... use the forum instead.
Github issues are also used for tracking planned and approved enhancements, often tied in to specific releases.